Uncle Bob’s Fried Chicken

As you know, I have this thing for fried chicken and I do indulge in it every once in a while. I normally do not quite like the thigh or drumstick part of the chicken which is often found at fried chicken stalls so when I stumble across Uncle Bob’s Fried Chicken, I was beyond ecstatic. Uncle Bob is definitely after my greedy tums!

Uncle Bob\'s Fried Chicken

This stall, found at the Farlim night market every Wednesday, sells only chicken breast meat without the skin. Sigh…it is almost too good to be true. Of course, the stall promotes it as healthy fat-free chicken. Don’t be fooled though. It may be skinless and chicken breast meat but it is still deep-fried in oil so it isn’t all that ‘fat free’ as claimed.

Uncle Bob\'s Fried Chicken

Other than that I absolutely love the fried chicken by this stall! The chicken meat is extremely tender despite it being a chicken breast meat and since it is coated in bread crumbs and flour, it is also crunchy. It comes in spicy or normal flavour. Before serving, they even cut it up into small bite sizes and add some sort of seasoning powder. If you choose the spicy one, they add the spicy seasoning powder.

Uncle Bob’s Fried Chicken is actually a franchise thing from Taiwan.

Uncle Bob\'s Fried Chicken

Rating: 8/10

Price:$$ (RM4.80 each)

By the way, you can check out their website: www.unclebob.com.my for their stall locations.

Make your own healthy fried chicken

Ingredients

1 chicken breast meat, skin removed

2 egg whites, beaten

1 cup mix of oat bran and ready-made fried chicken flour (available at supermarkets)

cooking oil

Instructions

1. Heat oil in wok / deep fryer

2. Tenderize the chicken breast with a meat tenderizer (using the small metal hammer thing to flatten meat)

3. Dip chicken into egg white.

4. Roll it on the oat bran and flour mix.

5. Deep fry till golden brown and the drain it of all excess oil.

6. Ready to serve!

I use oat bran because it is much healthier than bread crumbs.

Please follow and like us:

Tagged: , ,

Comments: 9

1. xin May 21, 2008 at 3:14 pm

wah…now i am hungry… i always stop myself from buying this coz its fattening :(

2. hyperx May 21, 2008 at 3:45 pm

I used to eat Uncle Bob every week in Kuchai Lama food court. But now, the food court had been demolished. And I need to get Cheras pasar malam to have Uncle Bob. Sigh….

3. elfiejane May 21, 2008 at 7:06 pm

i love it too! i used to eat it every time i go to the pasar malam.

4. silveraven May 21, 2008 at 9:14 pm

uncle bob’s chicken is really GOOD!!! but their price keeps going up and up that now i think twice about eating them. :( we don’t have the sausage though (in kuching)…i wanna try!

5. Foong May 21, 2008 at 11:41 pm

xin: I wish I had your willpower! I always find myself drawn to the stall each time I go to the night market.

hyperx: At least, you still get to buy it!

elfiejane: ya, me too.

silveraven: haih..wat2do, price of everything keeps going up too….the sausage is something new so I also have not tried b4. RM2 each very expensive when I can buy 1 packet of 8 for RM2!

6. BOB May 22, 2008 at 12:58 am

you can go to http://www.unclebob.com.my to check it out.

Be sure to check the stall again..new product coming soon!

7. dyoyo May 22, 2008 at 1:05 am

It is not actually to mean oil free or fat free. The meat is derive of skin and most of the chicken fat being taken off during preparation. There are now lots of imitations around, but one bite and you know whether its worth the RM4-80 or not. The imitations have no “staying taste” power after eating.

8. Foong May 22, 2008 at 11:20 am

BOB: yes, I know, I have already added the website address in my post.

dyoyo: you can find the stall locations from their website so you will know whether it is imitation or not.

9. […] no two ways about it. If you follow this blog, I am sure you’ve probably read my ravings of Uncle Bob’s Fried Chicken. Heck, I even posted my own version of crunchy fried chicken quite a while […]

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

Facebook
Facebook
Pinterest
Pinterest
INSTAGRAM
RSS
Google+
This site is protected by WP-CopyRightPro