I try to buy organic foodstuff as often I could when it comes to cooking for my little toddler because it is healthy and it tastes good too! People often misunderstood and thought organic food are merely expensive, tasteless food but in actual fact, organic vegetables taste much more sweeter and many of the dry organic food such as noodles and vermicelli are quite good too.
So, here I’d like to share a fried noodles recipe using Organic Spirulina Noodles from Country Farm Organics.
Fried Spirulina Noodles with scallops
150gm noodles, scalded in hot boiling water for about 3 minutes
5 – 8 scallops
one bunch green vegetables – chye sim / siaw pai chye, chopped
5 – 10 small fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
50gm chicken breast meat, sliced thinly and seasoned with some soya sauce and fish sauce
one medium carrot, sliced thinly
half clove garlic, diced
1 small onion, diced
1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
2tbsp soya sauce
2 tbsp dark soya sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
a dash of pepper
1. Heat cooking oil in a wok then stir fry the garlic and onion until fragrant.
2. Put in the mushrooms, carrots and chicken. Stir fry until chicken is half cooked.
3. Add in the scallops, mixed vegetables and green vegetables. Stir for a few more minutes.
4. Add the noodles and then the sauces and pepper. You can add more soya sauce if you prefer it to be saltier.
5. Stir till everything is cooked and serve hot.
To add some spice to this dish, you can cut some chili padis and add it in when adding the scallops to fry. It will give the dish a nice spicy tinge.