I don’t usually cook curry simply because I hate sautee-ing the ingredients and getting oil all over my kitchen. Also, I am too lazy busy to be chopping and cutting and grinding the ingredients to make the paste. However, since I am trying to find new ways to cook the leftover salmon I still have, I might as well use it to cook curry.
So, instead of chopping, cutting, grinding and blending my own curry paste, I took the easy way out. Packaged curry paste. Simple, easy and comes with instructions too!
This is what I use to cook the salmon curry. It is quite easy to use. Here’s how:
Salmon Curry With Ladies Fingers (okra)
4 – 5 okra
Betweer 500gm – 1kg fish
80ml sugar-free soya milk / coconut milk / low-fat milk
2 tomatoes, quartered
3 onions, peeled and quartered
1 packet curry paste
1. Put the water in a pot and let it boil.
2. Add the curry paste. Stir.
3. Add the tomatoes and onions.
4. Add the fish and the okra.
5. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
6. Add the coconut milk. Stir and let it simmer for a few more minutes. Ready to serve!
See? Simple, easy and fuss free. Delicious too. It’s not very spicy though, so if you want something really, really spicy, you will need to add your own chillies. It is good enough for me since my toddler loves this curry!