Here is another simple meal suggestion for two persons to be served with steamed fluffy healthy brown rice. It is another one of the simple combinations my husband cook (yes, you read right, my husband cooks!) whenever he feels like taking over the kitchen duty. By the way, he is a great cook, okay? He doubled up as my confinement ‘lady’ when I delivered our son so, that should give you an idea of how well he cooks! If that is not a good enough indication, let me tell you I had (and still have) difficulty going on diet thanks to his culinary skills…okay, okay..enough of singing praises of my live-in chef.
Here’s a recipe for…
(I don’t know it’s English term so I shall just call it shellfish)
250gm shellfish / lala
half clove garlic, peeled and diced
3cm piece of ginger, skinned and sliced
1 stalk spring onions, cut into 2cm pieces
4 -5 fresh green and red chillies, cut lengthwise and seeded (optional)
2tbsp light soya sauce
1tbsp oyster sauce
1. Clean out the shellfish by soaking it in water to get rid of sand. Then drain it.
2. Heat up some cooking oil in a wok. Sautee the garlic till fragrant.
3. Add in the ginger & chillies and after a few seconds, add in the shellfish / lala.
4. Sautee for about 30 seconds over medium heat and add the sauces.
5. Stir and mix well. Add in the spring onion. Stir for a while and remove from heat.
6. Best served piping hot!
As for the greens, he cooked Chye Sim or Choy Sam. Again, I don’t remember what it’s called in English…
Stir fried Choy Sam
One bunch of green leafy vegetables, choy sam in this case
half clove of garlic, peeled and diced
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1. Heat up the cooking oil in a wok.
2. Sautee the garlic till fragrant.
3. Add the vegetables and stir fry for about 3 minutes or until almost cooked.
4. Add in the sauce and stir fry for another minute or so. Add two tbsp of water if it’s too dry.
5. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Make sure not to overcook the vegetables until it turned yellow or else it would taste horrid and all the nutrition lost.
We ate these two dishes together with rice for dinner. Simple, easy and just enough for two person!