Asian-style Fried Spaghetti Recipe
Spaghetti, enough for three adults (about 200gm)
1 clove garlic, diced
10 fresh basil leaves
1 red / yellow capsicum (bell pepper), cubed
4 – 5 chili padi, chopped
1 tbsp chicken stock
1 pc chicken breast, sliced thinly
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
1. Season the chicken with satay powder (which you can find at most grocery stores) and 1 tbsp dark soya sauce for a couple of hours.
2. Heat up a pot of water till it boil and add in the spaghetti. Add in 1 tsp of salt and 1 tbsp olive oil. Let it cook for about 10 minutes. Check to see if the spaghetti is cooked and remove once it is cooked, when it is soft. Make sure you don’t overcook it or else it will become soggy.
3. Heat up some olive oil in a pan and sautee the garlic till fragrant.
4. Add in the butter. Then add the basil leaves, capsicum, chili padi and chicken. Stir fry till the chicken is cooked through.
5. Add in the chicken stock and stir to make sure it is evenly distributed.
6. Add in the cooked spaghetti noodles and stir it to mix the ingredients around evenly over medium heat.
7. Remove from heat and serve while warm.