I love prawns, especially fresh ones and regardless of whether it is sea water prawns or freshwater prawns, I simply love eating prawns!
I know, I know, it is not healthy to be eating prawns all the time due to the high cholesterol content but hey, it is not everyday that I eat prawns, okay? It isn’t exactly cheap nowadays, anyway. So, when I got about 10 free prawns, this is what I did with it:
Yep, I so happen to have some fresh cuttlefish so I throw that in with the prawns and made myself a plateful of stir-fried sweet and sour seafood!
It is pretty easy to cook and takes me about 10 minutes to prepare and 5 minutes to get it cooked! Easy-peasy. Here’s the recipe:
Sweet and Sour Prawns and Cuttlefish Recipe
Sweet and Sour Seafood Recipe
Prawns, about 10 to 15
Cuttlefish, palmsize or about 100g
2 medium tomatoes, quartered
half clove garlic, peeled and diced
fresh ginger, about thumbsize, skinned and sliced thinly
Ketchup, 4 tbsp
Chili sauce, 4 tbsp
Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1. Heat up the cooking oil in a wok (don’t know why but I always like to use the wok for stir-frying stuffs, it somehow tastes better).
2. Sautee the garlic till fragrant and then add the ginger. Sautee till fragrant.
3. Add the prawns and stir fry till it is half cooked and then add the cuttlefish. Remember to turn the heat down to medium low.
4. Add the tomatoes and sauces, stir to mix it around. The cuttlefish cooks very fast so don’t overcook it or else you’d end up with rubbery cuttlefish!
5. Add a dash of pepper and only add salt if you think it is not salty enough. Usually I don’t add salt because the ketchup gave it enough saltiness.
6. Immediately remove from heat and serve hot. Goes well with fluffy white rice or you can even eat it on its own.
If you noticed, I used cherry tomatoes when I cooked this. That’s because I ran out of tomatoes so I ended up using around 6 to 8 tiny cherry tomatoes but the flavour is just as good!