If there’s anything I love more than chocolate, it’s peanut butter AND chocolate. So, just a few days after even the crumbs of the double chocolate chip cookies are gone, I made another type of cookies.
This time, I tried out the chocolate filled double delight peanut butter cookies recipe I found over at Baking Bites. I did some minor changes and the result is this…
These cookies are so darn good and rich, I can only eat one at a time! So, here’s the recipe:
Chocolate Filled Double Peanut Butter Cookies
1 1/3 cups flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp butter, soften
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp palm sugar (gula melaka)
1 tsp vanilla
18 tbsp peanut butter
1/4 cup almond nibs
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
2 tbsp melon seeds
6 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp icing sugar
3 tbsp granulated sugar
4 tbsp finely chopped dark chocolate
For the cookie dough:
1. Sift flour, baking soda and salt together.
Note: I added some palm sugar because it has a special fragrant flavour you can’t get from any other sugar. If you don’t have it, you can always use white sugar (about 1/2 cup) instead.
5. Beat the mixture till well combined.
7. A smooth dough will form so spoon it onto a piece of parchment paper.
9. Refrigerate it for about 2 hours or till the dough harden.
Now, on to the cookie fillings:
11. Mix it around and you will get a smooth paste.
Finally, remove the dough from the fridge…
14. Flatten the dough on your palm, place the ball of filling in the centre and wrap the dough around the filling. Make sure the filling is completely covered. You can shape it into a small ball.
15.Place the toppings in a bowl and mix it around.
16. Then, roll the ball of dough in the bowl of toppings.
Make sure you leave more space around each ball as you will need to flatten it with the bottom of a glass or any cup with a flat bottom.
Also, preheat the oven to 190C (375F).Finally, bake the cookies for about 10 minutes or until it turns a golden brown.
Let it cool for a couple of minutes on the tray before moving the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Let me tell you, these are so good, all this trouble is really worth it. I was contemplating adding chocolate chips as the toppings but in the end, didn’t. Now, I know it would go great with it. Maybe next time…