Fat burning food – Part Two

Today, we continue with my fat burning food series where I will introduce to you food that burn fat or could help you to lose weight with recipes (wherever relevant) thrown in too! Now, for this second part, I will list dowm more fat burning food for you to chew on (especially those of you on the lookout for diet food!).

Chocolate

Surprised? I know, chocolate is the first thing to cut out whenever you are on a diet but I say it is a fat burning food because it helps you stave off cravings which will result in binges. Of course, you will need to stick to dark chocolate with 80% cocoa only. And yes, you will need to control your portion too. Wolfing down a large bar of dark chocolate will not do! Just stick to small 20g bars occasionally. Maybe once a week or twice. By having a bar of chocolate (a small one, mind you), it will satisfy whatever sweet-tooth cravings you have and stave off any unwanted binges on ice cream, cakes and other forms of desserts. Besides, dark chocolate is great for the heart and lowers blood pressure because of its flavonols.

Green Tea

For the longest time, green tea is a health drink that helps you stay young and prevents cancer but it is also a great fat burning drink! This is because green tea has a high amount of catechin polyphenols which gives your body a boost in burning up calories. So, have a cup of green tea today.

Water

I know this is not a food but water is probably one of the best fat burning drink ever. Why? Because it is like fuel for your muscles. Our body contains a lot of water and we need water to survive. By drinking the required amount of water, at least 8 full glasses, a day, you are providing enough ‘fuel’ for your body to cleanse itself, get rid of unwanted waste and helps your body function better, thus a more efficient metabolic rate.

Chili

Get your taste buds ready for some hot burning powers of chili. Chili is pack full of vitamins and that’s not all, it is known to boost your metabolic rate too. In addition to this, when you are eating spicy food, you tend to eat slower and this allows more time for your stomach to tell you that you are full so you tend to eat smaller portions. The best way to eat chili is the simple way, chop it into tiny pieces, place in soya sauce and then eat it as accompaniment to any food.

Salmon

Other than being a hearth healthy food, salmon helps you pack on the muscles which will help you burn off my fat. How does it do that? Well, salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and these nutrients helps insulin sensitivity. This in turn helps you retain your muscle mass and we all know having more muscles means we burn calories faster! The best thing about salmon is that you can eat it raw (sashimi) or simply grilled. Check out my grilled salmon recipe.

And that concludes part two of my fat burning food list. I will have more for part three!

Please follow and like us:

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

Comments: 9

1. xin January 19, 2009 at 11:04 am

hmmm other than the chocolate, i consume green tea and water and chili on daily basis. but i have never seen any fat burning effect on me at all, or yet =/

xin’s last blog post..100°C Steamboat, Teppanyaki & BBQ Restaurant in NZX

2. ck lam January 19, 2009 at 12:19 pm

Besides water and chili which I do consume regularly, I think I need to have more Salmon…good excuse for me to visit more Japanese restaurant…haha

ck lam’s last blog post..Hokkien Mee with Pork Knuckle @Presgrave Street

3. Miracle Fat Burning Soup January 19, 2009 at 1:52 pm

[…] More Fat Burning Food […]

4. cariso January 19, 2009 at 5:21 pm

I love to eat raw salmon but at the same time am kinda scared due to uncooked. *dilemma*

cariso’s last blog post..??? @ Goh Teo Kee (Sg Ara)

5. The Duo Dishes January 20, 2009 at 5:59 am

You can ever remind us enough that chocolate is good for you!

6. Selba January 20, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Love it all especially the chocolate and salmon :)

Selba’s last blog post..Harum (Arum) Manis

7. 550ml jar of faith January 20, 2009 at 3:09 pm

I like this one better than Part 1! All my favourite food & drink are here! :-) Are you sure white wine is not fat burning?

550ml jar of faith’s last blog post..Reservations are for wimps, Fong Lye at Desa Sri Hartamas

8. Foong January 22, 2009 at 12:53 am

xin: Ah…but just consuming these only is not good enough. It is fat burning food as in it helps your body to work more efficiently in burning fat but if you eat a lot of other foods too then that sorta negates the effect lor.

ck lam: Aiya, don’t need to go Japanese restaurant wan. Just go buy fresh salmon and have your very own sashimi at home! Cheap and good.

cariso: eh, why worry wor? just eat lar!

Duo Dishes: heheh…I am a chocoholic after all…

Selba: More great fat burning foods on the way!

550ml: white wine??? No lar. Red wine is good for heart lar but also not exactly fat burning wor. So, no excuse for you to indulge in a glass of white or red.

9. Kang January 27, 2009 at 1:01 am

Sounds like a visit to a sushi bar to me.

Start with green tea.

Have some salmon sashimi

Drink some water.

end with a chocolate green tea ice cream.

😛

Kang’s last blog post..Eat&Read (18Jan09) Half price London

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

Facebook
Facebook
Pinterest
Pinterest
INSTAGRAM
RSS
Google+
This site is protected by WP-CopyRightPro