Chicken Recipes Series
I have this thing for baked chicken breast recipes, mainly because it is so easy to prepare and secondly because it is healthy, lean white meat cooked in an oil-free way. Now, baked chicken are usually soft and moist so what if I wanted something crunchy? I do love fried chicken but it is not all that healthy to be eating fried chicken all the time. Besides, deep frying stuff always left the kitchen oily and that means I have to do loads of clean-up. Uggghhh…the only thing I hate about cooking is the cleaning up. So, I usually like to experiment using the microwave oven. It is definitely easier to clean up the oven than the whole kitchen!
Anyway, it seems that I can still get to eat crunchy chicken even when I baked it!
Here is the recipe for:
Healthy Crunchy Baked Chicken Breast Recipe
150g chicken breast meat, cut into strips
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp sea salt
7 tbsp instant oats
1 egg white
extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
1. Season the chicken strips with the garlic powder, chili powder and salt. Place the oats in a bowl and the egg white in another bowl (as below).
2. Dip the chicken pieces in the egg white.
3. Then, roll the chicken in the oats to completely cover it with oatmeal.
4. Place the oat-covered chicken pieces on a tray of foil.
5. Then, drizzle some olive oil over the chicken pieces (about 2 – 3 tbsp). Bake in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for about 8 minutes. Then turn over and bake for another 8 minutes. The chicken is done when it turns golden and if you test it, the juices ran clear.
The good thing about this recipe is that the chicken meat remains tender and moist inside while the oatmeal outside is crunchy.
It is exactly like eating fried chicken without the oily residue! Also, it is pretty easy to make. Of course, you can add other types of seasoning such as dried herbs or black pepper. You can also leave out the chili powder if that’s not your thing. I added it because I like it to have some spicy taste to it.
Tagged: baked chicken breast, baked chicken recipes, chicken breast recipes, chicken meat remains tender, chicken recipes, crunchy baked chicken breast, crunchy chicken, fried chicken, healthy crunchy baked chicken breast, lean white meat, oat-covered chicken, oil-free way