I know I have been going overload on chocolate dessert recipes in the past few post so here is something that does not involve chocolate. Instead, it has apples and though not much healthier or any less sinful, but I guess not as sinful as the chocolate desserts.
I had posted an apple and blueberry crumble recipe before this and also an apple crisp recipe, this recipe is almost similar but it is much simpler with less ingredients. It is a recipe where you just use very few basic ingredients and come up with absolutely delicious golden crumbly apple crumble.
All you really need are butter, apples, sugar and flour. Simple and easy.
The first step is to rub the butter into the flour and then add the sugar and mix thoroughly to come up with the crumbly, golden mixture above.
Then, you peel, core and cut the apples into small slices and bake them for about 10 minutes so that they are half-cooked and semi-soft.
After that, you pour the crumbly mixture on top.
Then, you pop it into the oven and bake. Simple, easy and no hassle.
Here’s the recipe proper:
Simple, Easy Apple Crumble Recipe
4 large apples
50g unsalted butter
1 tsp baking powder
1. Peel, core and slice apples into thin slices and place on baking pan. Bake in the oven at 190°C for about 10 minutes, remove and put aside.
2. While the apples are baking, rub butter into the flour until crumbly.
3. Add the sugar and mix thoroughly.
4. Sprinkle the flour mixture on top of the baked apples until it fully covered the apples.
5. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake at 190°C for about 30 minutes.
Best serve warm or with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.