My son was down with a horrid hacking cough for the past week or so and then he started throwing up everything yesterday. Needless to say, he was feeling rather poorly and had no appetite to eat anything at all. He couldn’t even swallow plain white bread without throwing up.
Anyway, we went to the paediatrician who gave him a shot and though he’s still running a fever, at least he’s not throwing up anymore. So, I stayed home with him and cooked a rather simple meal for him. He loves noodles and hated porridge so instead of cooking porridge, I cooked clear chicken soup with noodles for him.
This is a really easy and simple recipe. It takes all of 10 minutes to prepare and I let the slow cooker do all the cooking!
So, for those days when you are too busy to cook complicated meals and yet, you want something delicious and healthy, this may be it. It’s great for those suffering the sniffles or just feeling under the weather.
Easy Crockpot Recipe: Chicken Soup with noodles
3 cups water
1/2 cup sliced chicken breast meat
2 large carrot, sliced
2 tbsp dried wolf berries (optional)
Salt and pepper to season
2 cups noodles
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Pour the water into the slow cooker or crockpot and turn it on high.
3. Add the carrots and wolf berries.
4. Add the chicken slices, turn the cooker to low.
5. In a separate pot, boil some water and scald the noodles for two to three minute. Drain and set aside.
6. Let the crockpot do it’s work and cook the soup. If you want it fast, let it cook on high and it should be ready in an hour plus or so. If you let it cook on low, it should take between 3 – 4 hours to be ready. Remember to add salt and pepper according to your taste.
7. Once the soup is ready, you just remove the scum, ladle the noodles into individual bowls and pour the hot soup on top. Add fresh, raw vegetables if you like, if not, it’s good as it is.
It’s healthy, wholesome, simple and easy to make.
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPad