Having some guests coming over to dinner and you are at a lost of what to prepare? Or you are thinking of something simple and healthy for dinner? Roasting a whole chicken for dinner is actually quite easy and simple. It is healthy and takes up very little time to prepare too. You only need to season the chicken for several hours and then pop it into the oven and let the oven do the roasting.
This roast chicken is delicious and juicy, your guests will be raving over it. It even looks like it’s professionally done and all you need are just a few basic ingredients and an oven. Here is the recipe:
Simple, Easy Roast Chicken Recipe
1 whole chicken
8 tbsp oyster sauce
6 tbsp light soy sauce
8 tbsp honey
1 clove garlic, diced
2 onions, quartered
Fresh rosemary, around a bunch
1. Season the whole chicken with the sauces and honey.
2. Stuff the rosemary, onion and garlic into the cavity. Leave some of the garlic and rub it all over the chicken.
3. Let the chicken season for more than an hour or if possible, overnight.
4. Make a few small slits along the sides of the chicken.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
6. Pop the chicken into the oven and roast it for about 30 minutes. There will probably be some leftover sauces in the dish where you seasoned the chicken. Keep it as it can be used to baste the chicken.
7. Baste the chicken with the leftover sauces. If it’s not enough, use a mixture of honey and olive oil.
8. Bake the chicken for another 30 minutes.
9. The chicken is done when juices runs clear and the flesh separates easily. Otherwise, use a meat tester. If it appeared uncooked, baste it again and you can continue roasting for another 15 minutes until it is a golden brown. Test it again.
10. Chicken is best served hot from the oven.
You can serve the chicken with some mashed potatoes, fresh green salad and coleslaw. This makes a wholesome, healthy meal suitable for everyone from small children to adults. Enjoy!