This recipe is long overdue since quite a lot of people including foodies like Chantal Royer has been demanding for the recipes since I post up the pictures of the end product over in Facebook. Sorry…I didn’t take the exact measurements of the ingredients I used when I made it. It was actually a spur of the moment thing as I was craving desserts really badly, especially baked chocolate cakes and cookies, so I thought I might as well make an Inferno version (meaning, ingredients used are within the Ignition list). A diet is no fun when one can’t have desserts that one loves. It makes it easy for one to fall off the wagon. That’s why there are cheat meals from third weeks onward too. To stave the cravings, to trick the body (and mind) and to keep you on the diet wagon. Lets look at what’s been making everyone demand for a recipe:
I’ve been told that it looks like whoopie pies…I’ve never ate one really so I wouldn’t really know but I can tell you it tastes like rich chocolate bread with cream cheese filling.
Here’s the recipe:
Sinless Chocolate Cream Cheese Sandwiches
5 tbsp protein powder, preferably chocolate or just plain
2 tsp 100% cocoa powder
3 egg whites, 1 egg yolk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp sweetener
1 tbsp nonfat yogurt
1. Mix the dry ingredients together, then add in the eggs and yogurt.
2. Stir vigorously (or use a hand mixer) until well combined. The batter is supposed to be sticky and not watery. If it’s watery, add a bit more protein powder.
3. Drop the batter on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
4. Bake at 180°C for about 10 minutes. Remove and leave to cool. Makes about 10 pieces, depending on how big you want it to be.
For the filling
1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese (I used homemade cottage cheese, made from skim milk so it’s nonfat and quite dry)
3 tbsp nonfat yogurt
2 tbsp sweetener
1. Mix it all together. If you prefer it to be sweeter, just add more sweetener. Just remember, sweeteners (including Stevia) have a bitter after taste so use moderately.
2. Scoop one tablespoon and use as filling for each sandwich.
This is how popular these babies are when I took it to bootcamp….
If you don’t like chocolate, you can use plain protein powder, skip the cocoa powder and add vanilla essence instead.