Omelet, it cooks so easily and quickly. There are many Chinese omelet dishes that are prepared loaded with all kinds of meats, vegetables, and pickles is very popular. This a quick and easy Chinese omelet with Chai Por radish.
Omelet with pickles like this Chai Por egg (Preserved Radish Omelet) are more often served with congee because pickles taste better with congee.
Chai Por egg (Preserved Radish Omelet)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 clove garlic coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 50 g chai por (preserved radish)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Crack eggs into a bowl. Add ground pepper, sugar and soya sauce.
- Whisk with a fork until well combined.
- Wash the preserved radish and put it aside.
- In a medium sized non-stick pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add preserved radish (chai poh) and garlic, stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in prepared eggs. Allow eggs to cook and set for about 3 minutes.
- Flip omelet over and allow it to cook and brown for another 3 minutes.
- Remove and serve with congee or rice.