Sometimes we are short of time and need to prepare dinner (or lunch) in a hurry. This is where simple stir fried dishes come in. Pixie cabbages, in the same family as cabbages and yes, brussel sprouts too, has a nice crunchy texture to it if lightly cooked. This dish is easy to prepare for those busy days when you need to prepare dinner in a jiffy. All you need are simple ingredients that are staples in most Asian kitchens.
Easy Pixie Cabbages Stir Fry
- 300 g pixie cabbages (you can replace with brussel sprouts or normal cabbages) coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 fresh chili seeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp dried shrimps
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt, or according to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Trim off the bottom part of the cabbages and coarsely chop if using larger sized cabbages.
- Heat up the cooking oil in a wok/ pan over medium heat.
- Add the dried shrimps and sauté until they sizzle.
- Add in the garlic and continue to sauté until fragrant.
- Add the cabbages and stir to mix well.
- Pour in the sauces and water. Stir and cook over low heat until the cabbage leaves softened.
- Add salt to taste. Dish out and serve.