This is a sweet and savoury dish that has a bit of Asian and a bit of Western influences. The chicken is fried first to preserve its flavours before it is stir-fried with the condiments for a flavourful chicken dish. It was definitely a favourite for children (and adults too) that one can say it is better than finger-licking good.
- 2 whole drumsticks chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp butter / margarine
- 1 tbsp vinegar / apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 15 leaves Coriander leaves can add more if you prefer
- 2 cloves garlic coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- Clean the chicken and pat dry. Season the chicken with the pepper and salt for 10 minutes.
- Lightly rub the flour all over the chicken.
- Heat up the cooking oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry the chicken until it is almost 80% cooked. Move the chicken to the side of the pan.
- Lower the heat. Add in garlic on another side of the pan and fry till it is fragrant.
- Add in butter, coriander, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and stir. Stir in the chicken and make sure it is well mixed.
- Continue to cook over medium heat and then add in the honey. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove and serve hot.